Pages

Thursday 23 April 2020

Anzac day

Anzac Day

On Anzac Day the 25th of April we remember the soldiers that fought in the war.

Here are some facts that I found out about Anzac Day.

1. Anzac Day started on the 25th of April 1916.
2. The Anzac soldiers were all volunteers who chose to fight for their countries. Some children even lied about their age so they could fight.
3. Anzac Day was not a public holiday until 1921.
4. The first dawn service was in 1923 and dawn services are still held every year all around the world.
5.More then 11,000 Anzac soldiers died and 23,500 were wounded.

These are some interesting facts about Anzac Day
Thank you for reading






How many facts do you know about Anzac Day?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Archie
    Well done on your blog about ANZAC day. It is special for us to know the facts around why we commemorate this day since it is an important part of our history. I have been lucky enough to have been to Gallipoli and what struck me when I went there was how close both sides trenches were to each other. Will your family be doing anything to commemorate ANZAC day tomorrow?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Archie
    It is wonderful to see your sharing and blogging some of your work - keep it up!
    You have written some interesting facts about ANZAC Day - so sad to think so many young people died or were wounded.
    Did you are your family do anything to celebrate ANZAC Day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Archie
    Thanks for sharing this blog post. You have listed some great facts about Anzac Day and it's great for us to reflect on what these soldiers sacrificed for us. What did you do on Anzac Day this year?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post